Thank you for reviewing our Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge and agree to the following before placing any order:
1. You agree to submit your paper in accordance with these terms and conditions
2. You understand that we are real people and that we can make mistakes as well as you. We promise we will do our best to ensure the highest quality review we can give
3. We are not responsible for stylistic interpretation. Our editors have their own style which may conflict with your style or another reviewer’s style. Stylistic changes may always be open to some interpretation and we always give you the choice to use our suggestions or not.
4. Red to Black Editing, its employees, owners, and subcontractors are not responsible for any damages, whether consequential or incidental to our work.
5. We are not a fact checking service; we do not check your data nor do we check for any possibility of plagiarism.
6. We fully expect that you will critically review our work and approve it before you submit it to any party
7. We guarantee our work and offer you a complete refund if you are not satisfied. Requests for refunds must be made within four calendar days of our return of the work to you as evidenced by the email date and time stamp on returned work.
8. We reserve the right to return your submission to you and will refund your money if we find you have substantially attempted to defraud us by not meeting our guidelines.
9. You understand that we cannot guarantee that any word processors unique formatting will be maintained by our word processors. We suggest you always send your documents to us in a .doc, .docx, .ppt, rich-text, or text format. Adobe .pdf files are also encouraged; any special formatting is always maintained when using Adobe. We also accept Dreamweaver or Adobe InDesign files (an added fee may apply).
10. We will proof or edit your bibliography using the style guide of our choice unless you advise in advance which bibliographic style format you require.
11. We do not verify your references (see Fact Checking above) but we will check for dead links for any URL.
12. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of your submissions. We will not allow any unauthorized person(s) access to your work and will never give your name or contact information to any unauthorized third party.
13. Our standard turnaround time is 48 hours for short submissions (rapid service available). This does not apply to web sites or long works (more than a few pages). We can advise you of turnaround time for web sites and longer submissions before you submit your document. Please contact us. We are fast!
14. Payment is due when the order is placed. We generally do not accept open accounts without prior approval. For open-accounts with past due balances, defined as any portion or entirety of payment due past 30-days, all submissions become the full and exclusive property of The Red To Black Editing Company and may be assigned or transferred as we see fit.
15. We offer additional passes to review any changes you may make after we return your document. We realize you may have some minor changes after we correct your submission. We work closely with all our clients to ensure full satisfaction. There is no additional charge for this additional review process. (Additional reviews may not be available for rush orders.)
16. We only follow American English grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules. British English and other English speaking countries have very different rules for proper writing style. Please consider this when picking any editor; always know your target demographic.
17. A “page” is generally considered double spaced, 12-pt font with normal margins. A page can be estimated for quoting purposes as 275 words for non-technical documents and 250 words for technical documents.